DETSA Announce 40th Annual STEM Contest Results!
The Delaware Technology Student Association (DETSA) State Conference was held on April 25-26, 2018 with nearly 900 students, advisors, and judges from 35 chapters from across the state to participate with nearly 1746 total contest entries in 62 contests. The top 3 medalists of each contest were recognized in each contest. Sample contests included: Architecture, CAD, Digital Video Production, Dragster Design, Engineering Design, Flight, Maglev Vehicles, Robotics, Rocketry, Structural Engineering, System Control Technology, Video Game Design, and more. Each TSA competitive event requires students to apply engineering, technology, solve technical problems, conduct research, and invent solutions.
The Technology Student Association (TSA) is a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) dedicated to students interested in the future of invention, innovation, engineering, and technology. Through TSA, members have the opportunity to participate in technology-focused competitive events, take part in community service work, and become leaders for the organization in their school, state, and at the national level. TSA incorporates curricular and co-curricular experiences to emphasize the importance of knowledge, leadership, skill development, and teamwork. A list of the 2018 contest winners is here.
Top medalists from throughout the state have earned the opportunity to represent Delaware at the TSA International Conference to be held in Atlanta, Georgia (June 22-26, 2018) where over 7,000 students from throughout the world will participate. To learn more about DETSA, please visit: www.detsa.org or contact Mike Fitzgerald by phone at: 302.735.4015 or by email at: Mike.Fitzgerald@doe.k12.de.us.
Additional honors include:
- Del Lumbert Memorial Service Award presented to Mr. Richard Alexandre of Conrad Schools of Science, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Dr. John Brown Advisor of the Year Award presented to Mr. William Grieder of Cab Calloway School of the Arts, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Dr. John Brown Advisor of the Year Award presented to Mr. Jeff Epting of Gauger-Cobbs Middle School, Christina School District
- DETSA Chapter Spirit Award presented to Mr. Jermaine Wilson and Dupont (H.B.) Middle School, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Apu Mutyala, Divita Taduvayi, Priya Gupta, Rishi Gundakaram, Skyler Brand, and Sophia Weldin elected to serve as State Officers in 2018-19
- Concurrent Resolution No. 80 recognized April 25, 2018 as Engineering & Technology Day by the 149th General Assembly.
TSA is a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) dedicated to students interested in the future of invention, innovation, engineering, and technology. Through TSA, members have the opportunity to participate in technology-focused competitive events, take part in community service work, and become leaders for the organization in their school, state, and the nation.
2018 DE TSA Conference Planning Documents
- Conference Registration System
- Registration Packet Details
- Conference Memo
- Conference Forms
- State Officer Application
- Event Planning Chart for Conference – UPDATED 2/7/2018
- Event Planning Brochure & Tentative Schedule of Events – UPDATED 4/5/2018
- Catapult Design Contest
- Mag Lev Vehicles Contest
- Rocketry Contest
- T-Shirt Design High School Contest
- Pin Design Middle School Contest
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Contest
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Letter to Educators
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Interest Form
- Dress Code
- Dress Code Poster
- Judging Invitation
- Judging Handbook
- Chapter List
- Teacher Roster
- Driving Directions
- TSA Planning Calendar
- Themes & Problems
- Updates & Clarifications
- National TSA Chapter Affiliation
- National TSA Conference Planning
- Prep Guidelines for Static Events
- Prep Guidelines for Event Turn-In