From June 28 to July 2, more than 150 students, advisors, and parents from Delaware Technology Student Association (TSA) attended the 2016 TSA National Conference held in Nashville, Tennessee. This National Conference was the largest in TSA history, with more than 7500 individuals in attendance from across the country. It also had the largest conference attendance in Delaware TSA history. More than 110 Delaware TSA members competed in over 60 Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) focused competitive events during the conference such as medical technology, electrical applications, structural design and engineering, promotional graphics, essays on technology website design, video game design, robotics, system control technology, and more.
- Delaware students earned 15 top ten national honors.
- Kristen Zeman (Lake Forest High School) and Laura Barnas (Postlethwait Middle School) were recognized as national Chapter Advisors of the Year.
- Talia Collier and Anna Patterson of H. B. duPont Middle School earned the Gold achievement award.
- P.S. duPont Middle School was recognized as a purple level school for raising more than $2000 to support the fight against cancer. Caesar Rodney High School was recognized as a silver level school for raising more than $500 in contribution to the American Cancer Society with student led community service activities through Relay for Life.
|1st||Electrical Applications||H.B. duPont Middle School||Red Clay Consolidated|
|2nd||Challenging Technology Issues||P.S. duPont Middle School||Brandywine|
|2nd||Problem Solving||Postlethwait Middle School||Caesar Rodney|
|2nd||Video Game Design||Newark Charter High School||Newark Charter|
|3rd||Essays on Technology||Newark Charter High School||Newark Charter|
|3rd||Website Design||H.B. duPont Middle School||Red Clay Consolidated|
|3rd||Structural Design and Engineering||A.I. duPont High School||Red Clay Consolidated|
|4th||Prepared Presentation||Cab Calloway School of the Arts (HS)||Red Clay Consolidated|
|5th||Promotional Graphics||Cab Calloway School of the Arts (HS)||Red Clay Consolidated|
|6th||Promotional Marketing||H.B. duPont Middle School||Red Clay Consolidated|
|6th||Webmaster||Cab Calloway School of the Arts (HS)||Red Clay Consolidated|
|7th||System Control Technology||Postlethwait Middle School||Caesar Rodney|
|9th||On Demand Video||Newark Charter High School||Newark Charter|
|10th||Essays on Technology||P.S. duPont Middle School||Brandywine|
|10th||Medical Technology||H.B. duPont Middle School||Red Clay Consolidated|
- A.I. duPont High School
- Cab Calloway School of Arts Middle School
- Cab Calloway School of Arts High School
- Caesar Rodney High School
- Concord High School
- Conrad School of Science Middle School
- Conrad School of Science High School
- Fifer Middle School
- Gauger-Cobbs Middle School
- H.B. duPont Middle School
- Indian River High School
- Lake Forest High School
- MOT Charter Middle School
- MOT Charter High School
- Newark Charter High School
- P.S. duPont Middle School
- Postlethwait Middle School
- Seaford Senior High School
- Selbyville Middle School
Delaware TSA would like to thank and congratulate all of the students, teachers, and parents who helped to make this conference possible. If anyone has pictures they would be willing to share from the TSA National Conference, please email them to [email protected]. We hope to put together an album from the National Conference.
For more details about national TSA please visit www.tsaweb.org.