2017 State Conference
The 39th annual Delaware Technology Student Association conference was held on April 26-27, 2017 with over 1,000 students, advisors, coordinator, and judges from business and industry supporting over 37 schools from throughout the state in over 65 contests. Medalists will represent Delaware at the National Technology Student Association conference to held in Orlando, Florida this summer.
Contestants will participate in events such as Architecture; CAD; Digital Video Production; Dragster Design; Engineering Design; Flight; Robotics; Structural Engineering; System Control Technology; Video Game Design and much more. Each Delaware Technology Student Association contest required the students to apply engineering and technology to solve problems and invent solutions.
The Delaware Technology Student Association is a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) that is dedicated to students who are interested in pursuing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Through the Delaware Technology Student Association, members have the opportunity to participate in engineering, leadership, and technology focused competitive events. They take part in community service projects and they work to practice leadership skills.
The Technology Student Association incorporates curricular and co-curricular experiences for all students to emphasize the importance of critical thinking, knowledge, leadership, skill development, and the application of teamwork to prepare members to become the leaders of tomorrow.
A list of the 2017 contest winners can be found here (updated 6/19/17). Additionally the DETSA Voting Delegates from each chapter elected state officers to provide leadership for the organization in the 2017-18 school year.
- Connor Wagaman, President
- Apuroop Mutyala, Vice President
- Skylar Brand, Secretary
- Rishi Gundakaram, Treasurer
- Priya Gupta, Reporter
- TBA, Sergeant-At-Arms
Student finalists honored in state contests may additionally earn the opportunity to represent Delaware at the 39th Annual National TSA Conference in Nashville, Tennessee to be held from June 21–25 where nearly 7,000 other students who have qualified from around the world will participate. To learn more about Delaware TSA, please visit: www.detsa.org or contact Mike Fitzgerald by phone at: 302.735.4015 or by email at: Mike.Fitzgerald@doe.k12.de.us.
Archived Conference Planning Documents
- Conference Registration System
- Registration Packet Details
- Conference Memo
- Conference Forms
- State Officer Application
- Request for Judges & Assistant Coordinators
- Event Planning Chart for Conference
- Event Planning Brochure & Tentative Schedule of Events
- Mag Lev Vehicles Contest
- Model Rocketry Contest
- T-Shirt Design High School Contest
- Power Wheels Challenge Contest
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Shirt Design Middle School Contest
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Contest
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Letter to Educators
- Junior Solar Sprint (JSS) Interest Form
- Dress Code
- Dress Code Poster
- Judging Invitation
- Judging Handbook
- Chapter List
- Teacher Roster
- Driving Directions
- TSA Planning Calendar
- Themes & Problems
- Updates & Clarifications
- National TSA Chapter Affiliation
- National TSA Conference Planning Page
- Prep Guidelines for Static Events
- Prep Guidelines for Event Turn-In