In a collaborative effort to provide underserved and underrepresented populations with a better chance to excel in TSA, The Verizon Foundation’s Innovative Learning initiative and National TSA have partnered together creating the TSA 100. TSA 100 is a grant that was created to help aid expenses associated with creating and maintaining a TSA Chapter. This grant includes the following:
- Membership dues (state and national) for a 10-member chapter plus one advisor*
- A $200 cash allotment for materials and supplies for the technology lab
- Official TSA shirts for 10 members, plus one advisor
- A Student Leadership Challenge textbook for the advisor and 10 workbooks for chapter members
- Student Leadership Challenge training for the advisor
- A $200 stipend for one chapter advisor to be given in June 2018
- Professional membership for one advisor in ITEEA (International Technology and Engineering Education Association)
Eligibility for this program is intended for chapters with less than 2 years of affiliation. The grant was created to offer TSA membership to historically underserved and underrepresented populations, such as, Title 1 schools or schools with a significant free and reduced lunch percentage. So chapters applying should fit both eligibility requirements when applying for the TSA 100.
We encourage all eligible chapters to apply for this program by contacting Suzy Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.