The Delaware TSA State Officers and other TSA members participated in the International Coastal Cleanup day on Saturday, September 16, sponsored by the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control. The DETSA State Officers, joined with Delaware SkillsUSA State Officers, cleaned the Bethany Beach shoreline. Last year, over 1,500 volunteers collected 6 tons of trash from 45 different locations. If any TSA members have pictures of them participating in the Coastal Cleanup, then it would be greatly appreciated if you can send them to email@example.com. Make sure to stay tuned for next year’s Coastal Cleanup!
Join the State Officer Team in the American Cancer Society Walk in Wilmington on October 14 from 7:00am-10:00am at the Wilmington Riverfront Dravo Plaza. For more information click on the link below.
2017 Fall CTSO Leadership Conference – October 25, 26 – Delaware State University
The Delaware Career and Technical Student Organizations of BPA, DECA, Educators Rising, FCCLA, HOSA, SkillsUSA, and TSA are excited to announce registration for the Fall Leadership Conference (FLC) is open. The conference will be held at Delaware State University on October 25 (high school students) and October 26 (middle school students).
Important Planning and Registration Details:
- Comprehensive Schools: Comprehensive middle schools and high schools may send up to eight (8) students per each CTSO local chapter (BPA, HOSA, TSA, SkillsUSA, etc.).
- Vocational Technical High Schools: Vo-Tech schools may send up to two (2) students per each CTE program (business, carpentry, electrical, nurse assisting, welding, etc.) for each CTSO local chapter (BPA, HOSA, TSA, SkillsUSA, etc.). *Note: Vocational technical teachers/programs will need to coordinate your registration of two students per each CTE program with your student activities coordinator.
- Registration: Registration is $30.00 per participant. Visit https://www.registermychapter.com/flc/de. *Note: When registering your chapter use the following naming convention: School Name-CTSO Name. Example: Fifer Middle School-BPA. If you have already registered, please update your school information.
- Save the Date flyer.
- Annual Fall Service Project: The service project for the FLC will be a canned food drive. Please work with your local chapter to organize and contribute to the Delaware FLC food drive!
- Invitation for Presentations: We are looking to expand the number of workshops and topics offered. Should you be interested in leading a session, or if you would like to invite someone to serve as a presenter on a topic that supports the professional growth of students in leadership/professionalism, please share the Presenter Invitation.
Registration opened September 1 and will close on September 30. Register early to ensure a space for your students to participate. For questions, please contact Mike Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dielle DeNoon is a Junior at Caesar Rodney High School who is passionate about all aspects of engineering and technology. Outside of school she does woodworking and likes to disassemble computers and other devices to learn how they work. Dielle was encouraged by her technology teacher to join TSA as a freshman and since then she has practiced her leadership and technical skills gained as a member of her chapter. Her favorite event last year was the Delaware T-Shirt Design Contest in which she earned 3rd Place at the state conference. The Delaware TSA state management team liked her design so much that it was selected for use as Delaware’s trading pin at the 2017 TSA International Conference. Dielle plans to use the SEED program to attend Delaware Technical Community College to earn an associates degree in computer networking and then transfer to Wilmington University to finish her bachelor’s degree. Dielle exemplifies the qualities that TSA represents; she is passionate about what she does and is planning today for the her future life as a successful professional.
Want to be the next featured TSA member or know someone who could be featured? Submit all nominations by filling out the Google Form below: