In a collaborative effort to provide underserved and underrepresented populations with a better chance to excel in TSA, The Verizon Foundation’s Innovative Learning initiative and National TSA have partnered together creating the TSA 100. TSA 100 is a grant that was created to help aid expenses associated with creating and maintaining a TSA Chapter. This grant includes the following:
- Membership dues (state and national) for a 10-member chapter plus one advisor*
- A $200 cash allotment for materials and supplies for the technology lab
- Official TSA shirts for 10 members, plus one advisor
- A Student Leadership Challenge textbook for the advisor and 10 workbooks for chapter members
- Student Leadership Challenge training for the advisor
- A $200 stipend for one chapter advisor to be given in June 2018
- Professional membership for one advisor in ITEEA (International Technology and Engineering Education Association)
Eligibility for this program is intended for chapters with less than 2 years of affiliation. The grant was created to offer TSA membership to historically underserved and underrepresented populations, such as, Title 1 schools or schools with a significant free and reduced lunch percentage. So chapters applying should fit both eligibility requirements when applying for the TSA 100.
We encourage all eligible chapters to apply for this program by contacting Suzy Orr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DETSA State Officers and TSA members participated in the 2017 Making Strides of Wilmington American Cancer Society Walk on October 14. The American Cancer Society has raised over $170,000. If you would like to learn more click on the link below. Make sure to stay tuned for more service activities that you can participate in!
The Delaware TSA State Officers and other TSA members participated in the International Coastal Cleanup day on Saturday, September 16, sponsored by the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control. The DETSA State Officers, joined with Delaware SkillsUSA State Officers, cleaned the Bethany Beach shoreline. Last year, over 1,500 volunteers collected 6 tons of trash from 45 different locations. If any TSA members have pictures of them participating in the Coastal Cleanup, then it would be greatly appreciated if you can send them to email@example.com. Make sure to stay tuned for next year’s Coastal Cleanup!
Join the State Officer Team in the American Cancer Society Walk in Wilmington on October 14 from 7:00am-10:00am at the Wilmington Riverfront Dravo Plaza. For more information click on the link below.
2017 Fall CTSO Leadership Conference – October 25, 26 – Delaware State University
The Delaware Career and Technical Student Organizations of BPA, DECA, Educators Rising, FCCLA, HOSA, SkillsUSA, and TSA are excited to announce registration for the Fall Leadership Conference (FLC) is open. The conference will be held at Delaware State University on October 25 (high school students) and October 26 (middle school students).
Important Planning and Registration Details:
- Comprehensive Schools: Comprehensive middle schools and high schools may send up to eight (8) students per each CTSO local chapter (BPA, HOSA, TSA, SkillsUSA, etc.).
- Vocational Technical High Schools: Vo-Tech schools may send up to two (2) students per each CTE program (business, carpentry, electrical, nurse assisting, welding, etc.) for each CTSO local chapter (BPA, HOSA, TSA, SkillsUSA, etc.). *Note: Vocational technical teachers/programs will need to coordinate your registration of two students per each CTE program with your student activities coordinator.
- Registration: Registration is $30.00 per participant. Visit https://www.registermychapter.com/flc/de. *Note: When registering your chapter use the following naming convention: School Name-CTSO Name. Example: Fifer Middle School-BPA. If you have already registered, please update your school information.
- Save the Date flyer.
- Annual Fall Service Project: The service project for the FLC will be a canned food drive. Please work with your local chapter to organize and contribute to the Delaware FLC food drive!
- Invitation for Presentations: We are looking to expand the number of workshops and topics offered. Should you be interested in leading a session, or if you would like to invite someone to serve as a presenter on a topic that supports the professional growth of students in leadership/professionalism, please share the Presenter Invitation.
Registration opened September 1 and will close on September 30. Register early to ensure a space for your students to participate. For questions, please contact Mike Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org.